The Board of Trustees is a central body of the Dresden University of Applied Sciences. Its constitution is based on the "University Council" of public universities in the Free State of Saxony (according to the Saxon Freedom of Higher Education Act). The board of trustees of the FHD consists of well-known personalities from public life, economy, politics, science, administration and associations/ societies. The members are appointed by the rector for three years on the recommendation of the senate. The Rectorate is also a member of the Board of Trustees in accordance with § 3 of the FHD's Basic Regulations.
The Board of Trustees has the following tasks:
- to support the FHD in its work
- to promote cooperation with practitioners
- to advise the Rectorate and the sponsor from the public's point of view
- to promote discourse with companies, associations and institutions
- to carry the concerns of the region into the FHD
- to make the FHD known in the region
- to support particularly capable and committed students
- to provide support in the financing and implementation of measures that ensure the quality of teaching and research at the FHD in the long term.
The Board of Trustees of the FHD consists of the following members:
- Mr Stefan Härtel
Collm Clinic Oschatz GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Köhler
Dresden University of Technology
Head of the Media Centre; University Professor "Educational Technology" at the TU Dresden
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Kugler
Dresden University of Technology, Carl Gustav Carus Medical Faculty
Chair of Health Sciences
- Mrs. Dr. Katrin Merker
- Mr Frank Barthen
NARCISS & TAURUS cross media store gmbh
LIONS & DOVES Private institute for neuromarketing GmbH
as well as the members of the rectorate.