For FHD, internationalisation is specifically a cross-sectional task in which all members of the university are integrated, all areas and faculties are involved and whose added value is shared by all members of the university. It is part of the FHD's university development plan.
The international orientation of the FHD is profiled and expanded by the following general goals:
- Objective 1: Expansion of international cooperation with university and practice partners - cooperation in teaching, research and further education as well as increasing the mobility of all university members
- Objective 2: Establishing and expanding "internationalization at home" - promoting the intercultural and linguistic skills of all university members
- Objective 3: Increasing international attractiveness - Establishing international study programmes and a culture of welcome
The International Office supports students, teachers and employees of the Dresden University of Applied Sciences in the following matters, among others:
Advice and support for study-related stays abroad for students
- Individual advice and support for the semester abroad and internship abroad
- Information events on partner universities, BAföG abroad, funding and scholarship programs
- Organization of the presentation of partner universities in Dresden
- Creation and updating of print and online material on studying abroad and on the partner universities
- Processing of application documents for partner universities
- Conversion of academic achievements from abroad
- Evaluation of the study abroad
Advice on stays abroad for teachers and employees
- Contact person for (possible) international projects
- Help with applications for mobility measures
- Advice on ERASMUS + funding programs
Support and International contacts
- support the university management and the faculties in establishing and maintaining international university contacts and
- implement the internationalization strategy.
- International guests and delegations are supported in the preparation of their stay at the FHD - Dresden University of Applied Sciences and looked after on site.
- provide regular information about foreign mobility and innovations.
- inform about current scholarship announcements can be found in ILIAS under Magazine - General Information - International Office - Scholarship Announcements.
We welcome students, colleges and researchers from all over the globe
We develop every year new and better programs and activities for our students
We invite Profesors and Experts from all over the world to be a part of our courses and academic experience
We share our knowledge and publications with our students and academic Staff in order to reate an academic community
We love the challenge that represents intercultural learning and working because we know how rewarding and enriching it is.